Developing a culture that embraces diversity and values is more than just a good thing to do; it also makes for a strong business strategy. But many organizations need guidelines and direction to achieve such a culture. Over the past decade, Sherwood has collaborated with clients to support their journey to achieve a more-diverse and inclusive culture by consulting in three key areas:
Strategic Planning: Sherwood has facilitated focus groups that were charged with weighing their organization against global benchmarks and developing strategic plans in such areas as building the business case for diversity, mission/vision, communication, and talent acquisition and retention.
Employee Resource Groups: Sherwood has worked with organizations to establish structure, governance, operating principles and goals for executive advisory councils and employee resource groups such as women's and multi-cultural network groups.
Training: Sherwood has developed and facilitated training sessions with options such as:
- Self-assessments and manager involvement before the class
- Follow-up action planning meetings/mentoring by senior leaders to ensure application to the workplace
- Coaching for select leaders and managers
Topics have included:
- The Business Case for Diversity & Inclusion (tailored to the company/region/demographics)
- Unconscious Bias and Defeating Bias in the Workplace
- Dimensions of Culture and Intercultural Conflict